Years before when we all knew Tiktok as Musical.ly, it had a set of different apps. One of them was the famous live streaming app live.ly. Although it was not as popular as YouTube Live, it was a usual go-to for users of the former app. Although soon before the company changed its name to Tiktok, it had merged live.ly to the app itself to provide a common platform. This way, the live streaming app’s journey was over but it remained users’ favorite.
People could send in updates on the app and let others know they are about to broadcast a stream. The stream was live and users who were following the page or finding the updates could join in. The live video looks like the live feature on Instagram. The video is in portrait mode and the comments and messages of the people show up in the bottom left corner. Soon before Instagram came with its live feature, live.ly as without a doubt very popular. It also gave the option of adding other people to the stream. People who wanted to catch up with their fans or friends streamed live.ly.
Nowadays, although the app does not remain well known, some features stood out and people loved it. One such feature was that of making one follower be the guest in your live stream. In this way, you could talk with them and interact. It was a great option for the YouTubers, Tiktok users and other influencers to get in touch with people. The app’s interface was smooth and depending on the network connectivity, the quality of the live stream was also decent.
Let us now look at the steps which you can use to guest someone on live.ly.
How to Guest Someone on Live.ly?
- In the first step, you need to login into the app. If you do not have an account on it, you can register yourself as a new user or take the login credentials of Musical.ly to open the app. Once opened, you need to go to your home page.
- On the homepage, you need to upload a post to inform people you are going live. If you have a big audience, you would receive reactions to the post in lesser time. If you do not have an audience on this app, you can inform people via some other social media app. For instance, you can upload a story and let people know you are going live at a particular time on live.ly.
- Further, you need to start at the exact given time. People dislike waiting and face difficulty in joining. It is annoying and may reduce your viewership.
- Next, you need to find the comments on the screen. You can find them in the bottom left corner. You see, the comments are dynamic. They move constantly as more people message. Hence, be careful with the next step.
- You can click on the person who you want to add as a guest. After that, a small pop-up menu would appear on the bottom screen. In this, locate the symbol of the video call near the profile of the person. If you are sure about the stream, click on it. The app would add them as the guest.
- You can chat with them and it would appear as live on your stream as well. Further, if you want to add others, you need to remove the guest and add another one.