The PBRCC is pleased to produce bi-weekly and quarterly newsletters to members and other interested parties. Currently, our subscriber base is over 5,000 and specifically, over 1,800 for our Friday Report alone. As a reminder these newsletters are produced to keep you informed of Chamber news, events, and local happenings in our region.
Our "Friday Report" provides information in newsletter format, sent out every other Friday and is filled with Member and Chamber updates, news, event information, member information, professional development ideas and more.
In an effort to respond to the feedback we have received about our newsletters we have created submission criteria to ensure fairness, accuracy, and a fresh newsletter each week.
Submit Your Friday Report:
Camden Rotary Club Hosts Chili Cook Off: May 5
From 11:00 am – 3:00 pm, be sure to attend the Great Rotary Chili Cook Off beside the creek at Rockland Arts & Crafts Village. Cost is $10 per ticket, the proceeds from which will fund Rotary projects throughout the community. Purchase your tickets at the Chamber Visitor Center or at the door. Price includes wine, food, and entertainment. Call (555) 555-1000, or visit www.website.com for more information.
Here are the criteria:
1. Submissions are to be 75 words or less (including the title) sent in the body of an email, in a Word Document.
2. Submissions are to be written in third person- avoid "I, We, Us" (standard press release format).
3 .Avoid using ALL CAPS, if a submission is received in this format it will not be printed.
4. Send information that is timely: a community event, fundraiser, special open house, inaugurals, lecture, seminar, opportunity for business advancement, exciting releases, etc.
5. Submissions will be published once (twice if it is an important issue and/or event). Please include the date you would prefer the item to be published when you submit it.
6. The Chamber reserves the right to edit or refuse any information presented.
Want a response? Be concise!
Nowadays, people are busy and simply don’t read lengthy articles. To write a successful news item (one that gets read!) for the Friday Report, here are a few tips to improve your writing.
- Limit the length to 75 words TOTAL, including the title - shorter is better!
- Use the title as part of the article information, rather than repeating text in the article.
- Place the most important information first - date, time, location, cost.
- Remember your contact information - telephone number, email address, and/or website link.
For any information that you would like to be included in our Quarterly Newsletter, please submit that to firstname.lastname@example.org. Members can place an insert in our Quarterly Newsletter as well. Please email email@example.com to arrange.
Quarterly Newsletter Insert Guidelines:
1. We will need 1100 copies delivered to the office
2. Full color or black and white (up to member)
3. Non gloss paper
4. No heavier than 28lb paper
5. The cost for submission is $200 per insert.
Members can submit their content for posting on the Chamber's Facebook page. If you have your own Facebook page, our fans can become your fans. Here are the criteria:
1. The event must take place at a member's location or be hosted by a member
2. Submissions should be 40 words or less
3. Submissions must include a link and/or photo
4. Please write in the third person -avoid I, we, ours, me, my, etc
5. Send your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org
Submissions must be 20 words or less (140 characters). If you direct your message (DM) @PBRChamber we can copy and paste or you can simply mention us @PBRchamber in your tweet and we will get it to send out.